I look forward to helping you build your writing life!
Editing Services and Support
“While writing is like a joyful release, editing is a prison where the bars are my former intentions and the abusive warden my own neuroticism.” ― Tiffany Madison
Wow! That sounds a little nasty, but there’s one thing I do know for sure: writing is one thing and editing is quite another!
But, you know that 20+ years of experience working on the Internet I mention above?
It doesn’t even come close to the 30+ years of education and experience I’ve accumulated while passionately exploring the world of words.
As a writer, certified English teacher, business owner and parent, I can’t remember a time when I haven’t been working with words, editing them, and then polishing the final product to make it the best it can be.
My critical eye is finely tuned. And, while that creates unending troubles for me as a writer, it means I can give you what you need … and understand you as a writer, all at the same time.
- Manuscript Consultation and Evaluation
- Includes a read-through and report that will review …
- Clarity of message/themes
- Readability for genre
- Suitability for reader profile
- Areas of strength/weakness
- Market analysis & segmentation
- Recommended next steps
- Proofreading and Copy Editing
- Missed typos
- Hyphenation, numerals, fonts, capitalization
- Word usage (such as can for may)
- Document/text formatting (headings, spacing, fonts, etc.)
- $4.00/250 words
- Stylistic Editing
- Incl. proofreading, copy editing, and …
- subject-verb disagreement
- parallel structure
- flagging inappropriate figures of speech
- passive/active voice
- identifying ambiguities
- reviewing continuity in plot, setting, character traits
- consistency of style & tone
- clarifying meaning
- eliminating jargon
- smoothing language
- sentence & paragraph structure
- verifying reading level
- **Recommended for writers when English is a second language**
- $6.00/250 words
Check out my testimonials!
Website Technical Services and Support for Writers
After 20+ years of working on the Internet and a post-grad diploma in information technology, I’ve pretty much seen it all. I can write it, design it, create it and, most importantly, make you look good online.
Bottom line … you just want to write, and here’s what I can do to help you do exactly that:
- The “Single”
- For that one task …
- Edit your opt-in offer & make it “web-ready”
- Email account setup
- Tech glitches
- WordPress/Genesis Framework install (only)
- A custom coded widget for opt-ins
- Website speed analysis
- Market research in your niche
- Support while you’re away
- Your unique project
Get quote now!
- Starting at $60.00
- The “Basic”
- This will get you started …
- WordPress Installation
- Genesis Framework Installation
- Choice of one Premium Child Theme
- Plugin installation and setup (max. 5) **
- Setup of basic elements: header, sidebar widgets (max. 5), main menu, social sharing **
- Mobile responsive guaranteed on delivery **
- 1 hour of email/Skype support during week of setup
- One week turnaround from agreed start date
- ** Additional fees may be charged for issues that occur after final delivery is accepted
Again, be sure to check out my testimonials!
All prices are quoted in US dollars.
I accept payment via Paypal or Stripe. In either case, you don’t need to have an account with them; you can simply use your credit card. I’ll send you an invoice that you can have for your financial/tax records, and from which you will simply “click to pay”.
Together, we can agree on a price and payment schedule to suit the specific needs of your project. However, as a general rule for projects over $250, a deposit of $150 will be due before I begin, to reserve a place on my calendar. For projects under $250, payment is typically due in full before the project begins.
Just complete my contact form and provide as much information as you can in your message, including the nature of your project (website, book, etc.). If it involves website work I’d love to get a sneak peak before we talk, so please do send me your website address.
If what you need isn’t listed above, don’t be shy! Tell me what you’re looking for and if I can’t help you, I will know someone who can.
I’ll get back to you to schedule a free consultation within 24 hours of receipt of your contact information.
I look forward to working with you!